Preserving the Rights of Citizens Against Criminal Charges
When you are facing criminal charges in Texas, you do not need an attorney who will sugarcoat things for you. You need a lawyer who will give you honest advice and go to bat for you. At the office of Cowart Law Offices, we do just that. With more than a decade of experience, we protect our clients against misdemeanor and felony charges in Llano, Burnet, San Saba and throughout the Texas Hill Country.
It is important to understand the case against you. What are the prosecution’s strengths and weaknesses? What consequences are you facing? We will analyze your situation and help you make informed decisions about your defense. Call us or contact us online to schedule a consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney.
Ready to Fight for You
With more than 10 years combined experience, our attorney will aggressively defend you. We are here to represent you against any misdemeanor or felony charges, including:
- Drunk driving (DUI, DWI or BWI)
- Drug possession and other charges related to marijuana, meth, cocaine and prescription drugs
- Burglary and robbery
- Child abuse
- Sex crimes and sexual allegations
We are also here to help you with issues that can arise years after your criminal case is finished. Whether you need guidance regarding expungement or expunction, or you need help requesting for nondisclosure of criminal records, we will be here for you.
The Three-Headed DWI Monster
Most criminal charges only set in motion one legal case. Drunk driving charges are the exception. We will go to bat for you against the three-headed DWI monster in Texas:
- The first monster of DWI is the driver’s license consequences. If you failed a breath test or refused to take one, your license will be automatically suspended. We need to quickly request an administrative license revocation (ALR) hearing.
- The second monster of DWI is the criminal prosecution. We will look for every defense in your case. Did the officer have probable cause to pull you over? Were field sobriety tests administered? Is there any way to suppress the evidence against you? We will relentlessly investigate the situation and protect your rights.
- The final DWI monster is criminal conviction. If you are convicted of drunk driving, your license will be automatically suspended and you will need to pay an administrative fee every year to have your license reinstated. You could also face high fines and even jail time.
Our Criminal Defense Practice
When you come to our firm, you will not just be another file number. We will take the time to get to know you and understand your priorities. Together, we will develop a strategy for your defense. We will be by your side throughout every step of your case, from the initial charges through the trial and final resolution.